Friday, August 1, 2008

Gymboree


Last week I went to my company's annual golf outing. After a very long round of 18 holes the teams came into the clubhouse for beverages and trash talk about the round. Since I am working on a project at the customer site, the only other company employees I know are the ones that work with me, off site.
I was making small talk with a thirty-ish colleague of mine, with whom I share a cubical at the customer location. I could tell he was a bit distracted when all of a sudden he said, "you've got to meet these guys". He was looking across the room and seemed excited to introduce me. I was happy to make some new acquaintances as that was the whole point of participating in the golf outing. So I followed him across the room.
There, he introduced me to Jim and Russ, a couple of salty looking cusses. They were friendly enough, but something didn't feel right. After exchanging our "how-do-you-dos" I turned to see my young friend walking away to join a different group of young, hipsters. Then it dawned on me.....I had just been dropped off at the day care center for old dudes.

3 comments:

wildmary said...

I hate when that happens.

Dave said...

Dude, that's hilarious...great post.

Dave said...

Just read it again...still hilarious.