Friday, July 25, 2008

Energy Saving


I have been thinking about upgrading my kitchen with granite counter tops. They're beautiful, easy to clean and often priced better than man-made materials. There might be another reason to get granite counter tops; energy saving. I've heard that granite quarried from Brazil and Africa can have significant amounts of radioactive uranium in them. As long as I can keep the kitchen ventilated well enough to keep any radioactive emissives out of the air, I can have a counter top that will act as an alternate cooking element; just set my pot down and watch it boil.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Good plan. First there was the cell phone ear warmer, and now this. What next?

Alisa said...

I know, it's great, isn't it? We have granite in our kitchen and I never have to turn on my stove!