Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's A Small World....

We learn so much about each other on our drive to "the team lunch" on Thursday's. Solving the world's problems from a multi national perspective is the typical topic of discussion on the bus ride to our lunch venue. Last Thursday was a little different. One of the guys, who is not a Christian, wanted to know who went to church and how often; he's been watching the election campaigns and sees that religion plays a big role in American culture and politics.

None of us in the car were particularly religulous, but I did discover that my buddy Steve had been an alter boy. This gives me a new appreciation of Steve as I too had that childhood experience. In a gesture of sympathy I said to Steve, "I was an alter boy too. Just remember, time heals all wounds". To which Steve replied, "this is very true, but it doesn't always keep you from walking funny".

Disclaimer:

No alter boys were harmed in the writing of this post. All inferences and opinions of the content of this posting are the sole responsibility of the reader and do not necessarily reflect those of the writer. The word religulous is not mispelled.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I was a Eucharistic Minister, but I managed to avoid any entanglements.