Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Haandi Man


I found a new Indian restaurant that makes very tasty northern Indian food. Some of the dishes are cooked in pots that they call haandi. I liked it so much I made up a song. Sing it to the melody of Handy Man by James Taylor.

Hey people, gather round
Listen to what I'm putting down
Hey people, I'm your haandi man

My cousin's kinda good with a slide rule
I'm haandi with food and I'm no fool
I cook food in pots, and you know that it's truly good

If your taste buds should crave some flair
Then you have no need to fear
I cook Mughalai food, you tell all your friends
They'll come runnin' to here

Here is the main thing that I want to say
We're open 8 hours a day
I cook food in pots, you know that it's truly good

Come-a, come-a, come-a, come-a, come, come
To Six Mile near Newburgh

Come-a, come-a, come-a, come-a, come, come, come

They'll come runnin' to here

6 comments:

Dave said...

Good one. Record it on guitar and post!

Pamela Larkin said...

WOW! Can you sing that in Indian?

Dennis said...

English is the official national language in India; lucky for me.

wildmary said...

Now that's talent! I can hear James' voice...

Pamela Larkin said...

Thanks for the Tongue Splashers Gum website! That was so nice of you. I never thought of looking online. duh

Bri said...

Man that looks good! Where is it at? I love Indian food but the feathers always get stuck in my throat not to mention the moccasins.