Friday, October 24, 2008

Team Bowling

Our department at work went bowling yesterday to team build. It had been a long time since I had bowled and I wasn't sure if I had the requisite level of bowling stamina. I knew I'd could come out of the gate strong, but reckoned I would fade with each frame. Lucky for me I'm not in the best shape of my life. I was able to conserve my physical resources by taking advantage of my physical attributes. Yes, I was able to find a place to rest the ball between throws and was able to finish the event respectably.

The only bad part was that the balls pick up oil and wax from the floors and machinery. Now my shirt has oils stains all over it that will take some effort to get out. If only I could have stopped at home to get my special bowling pants.

4 comments:

wildmary said...

Bowling stamina?? Rest the ball between throws? Waxy, oily balls? Special bowling pants? Ohhhhhh, it would be so easy to comment on your choice of words/subject matter but I will resist. I wouldnt' want to ruin my pristine image and simply repeating your own words is plenty.....

Anonymous said...

Wow is that a great picture! I hate it when my husbands balls get wax on them too. Makes em hard to hold.

Dave said...

But where else can you get a pair of shoes for three bucks?

Alisa said...

I'ma gonna git me a pair a dem dere bowlin'pants. Dem are some nice pants!